As 2023 comes to a close, we want to thank you for your guidance, inspiration, and collaboration. Our commitment to rethinking philanthropy in support of systems-driven, community-based care has only grown this year, and we will continue to champion organizations, programs, and policies focused on birth equity and community health workforces in 2024. For more about our work this past year, read the latest CHAP Newsletter and find updates on:
- The State of Birth Equity, a new initiative focused on spurring philanthropic action in states to accelerate optimal birth outcomes for all
- The New Jersey Birth Equity Funders Alliance‘s work to eliminate disparities for birthing people of color
- The new Maternal Mental Health Equity Fund’s call for proposals from BIPOC-led groups addressing inequities in maternal mental health
- GirlTREK‘s purchase of the historic Black Bricklayers Hall and next big goal
- The Center for Health Care Strategies’ work developing Community Health Worker technical assistance programs for NJ-based Managed Care Organizations
- A new project from the Brazelton Touchpoints Center aimed at expanding how funders think about and define evidence
- The new report from Every Mother Counts and Institute for Medicaid Innovation on developing Medicaid Benefits for doulas and perinatal CHWs.
- System Catalysts: a new podcast from CHAP Principals, Jeffrey Walker and English Sall.
And if you’re not already on our mailing list, use the form at the bottom of this page to sign up for future CHAP Newsletter issues!